iOS 11 Problem

For all queries specific to the iPhone and iPod Touch versions of Solitaire 3D.
Chrispot46

iOS 11 Problem

Post by Chrispot46 »

I have upgraded to iOS 11 and can no longer use Sol 3D in landscape mode. When the device is tilted, the app only occupies half of the screen. The other half is black. Has anyone else found this or better still a way to prevent it? Many thanks

hamerfan

Re: iOS 11 Problem

Post by hamerfan »

Good catch! I have iOS 11 on my iPad and it does the same thing you describe in Landscape mode.
And sorry, no, I don't know of a way to fix it. Maybe Aidan is working on something.

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

I have found a little workaround. If you set landscape view in Sol 3D options and then lock the phone in portrait mode you can play quite comfortably in landscape. I should imagine this will work on the iPad.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've just released a new version (6.74) for the iPhone today, just the full version, the free ones and iPad versions are not updated yet.

Can someone check to see if it fixes the problem?

It should be in the app store on your iPhone soon.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

Hi Aidan - Yes it has sorted it out. Many thanks. It didn’t come through as an update; I deleted and reinstalled.
Chris

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

Hi - Just an additional to my post yesterday. Having spent a bit of time with the new version, I am finding it a lot less responsive when it comes to double tapping cards. Depending on the game, when the cards are double tapped, they fly to the nearest legal move. In the update it is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works but other times you can tap away and the card will simply twitch a bit and stubbornly stay put. Shifting your tapping angle sometimes works but I have mainly resorted to dragging , which is far less satisfying.
I don’t know if there is anything that can be done about this?
Regards
Chris

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

A single tap should work in most cases. A double tap was never a feature of the game. No changes were made to that part of the code for this release.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan and Chrispot46

In the games I play, mainly intelligence, adjusting the auto play feature to maximum seemed to cleanup any hiccups such as is described here.

I don’t know if it is a feature in the particular game in focus here,and of course I necessarily defer to the developer, Aidan, who is much more in touch with what goes on within his games than I am.

When Chris refers to the fingured card giving a bit of a wiggle and staying put, in similar situations, I found that this meant the card had nowhere legally to go, discovered when a scan of the rest of the stacks proved that this was the case and that I had misread the situation.

Clearly a different situation to that which Chris describes.

tmno2
Terry

3Dinaz

Post by 3Dinaz »

Since the update to fix the orientation issue, I have been unable to play using just one touch. As a previous poster described, the card just wiggles a little but stays put - even when there is a valid move. I am able to get it to work if I touch the card very lightly. It will move automatically after several attempts. This is frustrating game play. My times are nearly double what they were before the update. Before I was able to just mash the card that I wanted to move. As fast as I could see a move and press the card, it would move.
I hope this gets worked out.
Anyone else with a similar experience or solution?

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Guys, does this just affect cards near the top part of the screen (where the feature to pull down the notifications is), or does the problem happen everywhere? I don't have an iOS device myself to test on unfortunately.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Molly6

Post by Molly6 »

After upgrading to version 6.74 of Solitaire 3D I found I could only tap a card (in Klondike ) on the waste pile to move it to the foundation pile or Tableau column but could not tap a card to move it either to the foundation pile from a column or from a column to a foundation pile, the card would just wiggle and not move but after some trial and error I found to move a card I had to gently touch the card only on its' very edge and the card will move as before when I could just touch the centre of the card so they definitely has changed something and not or the better, the game is just slightly harder to play.

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

Hi - It’s pretty much screen wide in my experience. As had already been stated, there doesn’t seem to be any pattern to which cards are’sticky’ or where they are on the screen. Sometimes they’ll fly into position with a single tap but others need quite a lot of persuading.
Cheers
Chris

3Dinaz

Post by 3Dinaz »

On my iPhone 6s, the wiggle and stay put issue happens when moving cards regardless of their location on the screen or wether in portrait or landscape.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok I've created a new version (iPhone full version only) that addresses this problem. It should be available in the App Store in a few days.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

Fantastic! This is my number one app of all time!
Thanks Aidan

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok the new version is now in available in the app store. Let me know if it fixes the problem.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Allimaree

Post by Allimaree »

The landscape mode problem was fixed with the last update, but after the update today it’s back to the same problem. Good news is, the sticky cards problem seems to be fixed. Help, please! Thanks!

3Dinaz

Post by 3Dinaz »

Sticky card issue is gone. Rotation issue is back. My work-around: launch 3D then start up a different app, like iMessages, that will work in landscape mode. Keep phone in landscape and double click the home button. Switch to 3D. Sometime I have to do the switch a couple of times for it to take.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi all.

Come on troops, I can’t help here because my iphone is a 4s, so it can not upgrade to iOS 11, otherwise I would be able to answer Aidan’s query as to whether these reported problems are related to the rows and columns just below and adjoining the “pull down” and “pull out” areas which bring to the face of the display, over the playing area, the different menu options relevant to the applied and preferred options.

Aidan, my opinion is that that it should not be a problem related to the top row, as in most of the games I have tried the top row is normally the row that the cards flick to when they are fingured or selected, that is they are less likely to be selected during game play than the other rows and columns in the display area.

Here’s hoping someone with an iPhone actually upgraded to iOS 11.0 or higher, and playing a Solitaire 3D game, will provide you with the information requested.

It has been my experience, unfortunately, that there are a lot more viewers than actual participants in these support forums, and just maybe my post may shake someone off their branch to reply.

Meantime all is OK with the IPad Air and iOS 11.3 and Intelligence, No problems as yet.

Though I must say that, at times, selecting too close to the right hand edge does interfere with the continuity of the play, and exhibits a situation very similar to that described above, where the selected card just wobbles in place, and does not flick to where it would have in other circumstances.

My practice now seems to have been self modified, so that my right hand edge play is a little further in than the sensitive area down that side. It does get me occasionally though, and I then have to break into the playing sequence to identify “that” which did not just happen, but should have.
(I hope my outline of this situation is adequately described).

tmno2
et al
Terry

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok I'm baffled as to how the rotation problem is back as there were no changes whatsoever to that part of the code.

The fixes to the cards not moving when tapped problem are just in the iPhone full version and nowhere else yet.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I found one small change that may affect the rotation problem. So I've submitted a new version that again should be in the App Store in a few days. Again this is only for the iPhone full version. When/if things are confirmed working ok I'll release the other iPhone versions and the iPad versions.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Allimaree

Post by Allimaree »

Aidan, just played and the rotation problem is fixed! Thanks so much! While I’ve got your ear (and now that I’ve found this forum), any chance we could get the Scorpion game to have as large of cards as the Scorpion II game? It changed a long time ago after an update and it made it harder to see the cards so I just quit playing that game. (Looks like the easier versions of the games are the same as the regular).
11B343A9-95E1-46E3-8CC7-2089D78BA770.png
11B343A9-95E1-46E3-8CC7-2089D78BA770.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 121271 times
4639EA84-B172-47F1-8E80-3397B6E6D514.png
4639EA84-B172-47F1-8E80-3397B6E6D514.png (2.28 MiB) Viewed 121271 times

Chrispot46

Post by Chrispot46 »

Hi - The latest update has fixed the orientation issue but has also restored the card tapping problem. The orientation issue is easily got around by locking the phone’s orientation and playing the game in landscape mode. If we have to choose between this and ‘sticky’ cards then I would certainly say the orientation issue is the lesser of two evils!

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've implemented another fix to address this tap problem. The people in this thread with the tap problem will be notified by email (from Apple) soon to try out the beta test version using the TestFlight app. I presume details of how to do that will be in the email - its the first time I've used this TestFlight test release system that Apple provide.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Eurista

Post by Eurista »

Aidan wrote:Ok I'm baffled as to how the rotation problem is back as there were no changes whatsoever to that part of the code.

The fixes to the cards not moving when tapped problem are just in the iPhone full version and nowhere else yet.

Hi Aidan

I am having the same issue as Chrispot46. I haven't found a consistent magic spot. The games I play are: Twenty, Pyramid, Klondike, and Freecell. The issue is with all of them. The games are very frustrating to play.