Adding countries the flags in online scoring

For all other problems or comments with Solitaire 3D.
hamerfan

Adding countries the flags in online scoring

Post by hamerfan »

Something to consider in a future update to Solitaire:
In online scoring the flag of the country is shown for each player. Would it be difficult to add the country to the flag shown, perhaps by hovering your cursor over each flag? I know some of the flags, but I don't think anyone knows all the flags, and it'd be nice to know where the players are from.
Just a thought.
Rod

tmno2

Re: Adding countries the flags in online scoring

Post by tmno2 »

Hi hamerfan

Re the flag/country ID, I have had for a long time separate apps that show all the world flags and their relevant countries, which I occasionally refer to when a strange flag crops up on the leaderboard.

I have to say that these days that situation happens only occasionally, so any brain detioration due to aging (82) in that regard has not yet happened.

I will dig up the app names and if they still work will add them to this string.

Might save Aidan some additional work.

tmno2
Et al.
Terry
Last edited by tmno2 on Dec 16, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Aidan
GrassGames.com

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi again

Rod

In my opinion, Aidan’s suggestion is the best option, as it saves scrolling through heaps of stuff to ID the queried flag. In my earlier efforts, this sometimes caused me to have to reload the scoreboard to refresh the particulars of the flag being queried, as I had forgotten what I was looking for.

tmno2
Terry

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Keep in mind also the it does not necessarily mean that a person is from that country. They are free to select any country they like when creating a user. It is usually an indication, but not always.
Aidan
GrassGames.com