Weekly scores not being recognised

For all queries specific to the Mac OS X version of Solitaire 3D.
stoffa

Weekly scores not being recognised

Post by stoffa »

I am in Australia and play Intelligence most days. I am currently leading for the month but my weekly scores are not being recognised. When I succeed in a game and my score should be the highest weekly score I am getting the message saying that I already have a higher score and so I am not added to the weekly scores list. I have achieved many great scores this week but they are not being registered and it is Friday! I would have thought that the week would have rolled over by now.

Cheers

Christopher

tmno2

Re: Weekly scores not being recognised

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Stoffa,

Firstly, there are two different leaderboards for “Intelligence”, one is for the game played as QUICK, the other is for the normal play.

Secondly, while there is a higher score in the monthly listing, than you are achieving in the weekly listing, the weekly listing is reluctant to update, try switching to the monthly list.

I think you must be playing in the normal mode and not the quick mode as I’ve racked up close to 50,000 games in the QUICK mode without noticing your ID appearing in the listings.

I’ve got to know my competitors ID’s and their competence levels over this time, which I think is at least four to five years, so I think you are definately playing in the slower mode.

I also am registered under the AUSTRALIAN flag, and I seek to maintain a high “ Leaderbord” position, sometimes with great difficulty, considering the competence levels encountered.

My experience with the this leaderboard has developed the following facts.

The weekly listings swap from the old to the new week generally after midnight AESTD, on Sunday. This does not register in Australia though until about 10:00 or 11:00 AM due to the GRASSGAMES servers being in the USA and all timings are related to UTC, except for this leaderboard which seems to have some inconsistencies between weekly, monthly and yearly rollover points.

You will also find that, at the end of the month and the start of the new month, which sometimes occurs close to one another, the leaderboard gets its knickers in a knot, and can sometimes take two to three days to sort itself out. This unfortunately combined with the weekly/monthly priority thing, leaves the inexperienced player in some confusion.

It should be mentioned that as New Zealand and Australia are the first major population areas west of the International Date Line, these country’s residents get the first option by six to eight hours to plant their scores in the leading positions.

Aidan, the developer, will one day sort all this out, without doubt, but in the meantime I have overcome these problems by using my own fiendish alternatives.

I hope you can make some sense of this, and that my related explanations are helpful.

Also “Intelligence” is a really great game with great competitors, and appears to be recognised as such on all platforms and operating systems, though the iPad seems to maintain a good advantage.

tmno2
Terry

stoffa

Post by stoffa »

Thanks, Terry, I will try the Quick version. Since i posted my original message it seems to be working perfectly.

Cheers,

Christopher

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Chris

Glad to see. You have joined the big league.

tmno2
Terry