Hand Scores Not Shown

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
onapar

Hand Scores Not Shown

Post by onapar »

new version dont show score by hand why not?

Aidan

Re: Hand Scores Not Shown

Post by Aidan »

This is to make the game more challenging and like real-life.

You can turn them on from inside the scores window (Menus -> Scores).

Discussions welcome. Its already been suggested to make an option to turn it off.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Few points:

1) The reason for not showing hand scores is to emulate real hearts more - when you play Hearts for real, there is no indicator of how many Hearts someone has taken or not, its part of the game to remember.

2) I am not against turning this off if that is what most people want.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

cenalex67

Post by cenalex67 »

Aidan wrote:
Aug 11, 2022
Few points:

1) The reason for not showing hand scores is to emulate real hearts more - when you play Hearts for real, there is no indicator of how many Hearts someone has taken or not, its part of the game to remember.

2) I am not against turning this off if that is what most people want.
I started to play hearts only with grassgames many years ago, never played it in real life. I think the best solution is to give to host player a possibility to activate or not the show hand in the rules of game.

Alex

ChiGuy

Post by ChiGuy »

good morning. i just played the new version for first time. it had some improvments and many disappointments. the home screen, we don't need the rankings on there. too crowded. if anyone is interested, go to rankings like it used to be. the letters are hard to read. need to be bolder or darker. on the playing board, is there any way to get rid of avatars like in version 2? you could display them if you wish. i find it cluttering up the table. the avatars themselves are annoying. can we put in our own pics like we used to? also , very disappointed on no hand shown feature (unless you click it every hand and incur a penalty) i understand trying to simulate a real card game but i use it to keep track of how many tricks have been taken. it should be an option, without penalty, for every hand! i like the rankings. nice touch with this month, all around , etc. gives new guys a chance to feel somewhat competitive. also, there is no continuous chat screen. many of us like to chat, joke, etc. just having it pop up above our heads is annoying. i have to be paying focused attention, otherwise i miss it. i have been playing this game for a long time. it is part of my everyday. i feel that if this version continues, i will lose interest quickly. you got my money for this year. but unless things change, it will be the last.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok points taken.
Can't go back to the old avatars, but the rest can be investigated.
I'll keep putting out updates until people are more or less happy.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

steveamida

Post by steveamida »

The game is more challenging without the running points showing...but it is more fun with it. If I wanted to sell a product, I would opt for more enjoyment, and I can tell you that not having the running points during a hand is the biggest single complaint I have heard.

Regards,

HowCoolIsThat

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

In a REAL GAME, the usual convention is hearts and/or the Queen of spades taken by a player are normally turned-up in front of each player, ergo, everyone can see who has what has been played.

Listen to what the people who have paid you Aidan, turn it back on. Also, ChiGuy/Scott has a good idea...move the ratings off the home page, if people really need to see who the top 50 players are, they'll go find it. This would allow the free chat fonts to be big enough to read. And I still laugh at the cumbersome chat dialog menu you have....silly, very, very silly. No One Uses them.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

hearts and/or the Queen of spades taken by a player are normally turned-up in front of each player
Never seen this, interesting.

Anyway I'm going to show the hand scores going forward due to popular request.

I've already turned off the penalties so just click the "Show Hand Scores" button in the game for now - I'll have them on by default in the next version coming soon, hopefully today.
Aidan
GrassGames.com